The anual 4P Festival along the Winnipeg River in Pine Falls and Powerview will start on August the 29th and last through September 1st. They are celebrating 25 years of community spirit and support. They will offer a venue that is family oriented with events for all ages.
The festival was started in 1982 by the Manitou Rapids Art Council and is dedicated to Paper, Power, Pea and Pickeral. Thus the four Ps.
The festival commity has published a flyer that I picked up a the Idle Thyme restaurant. Though this ‘guidebook’ gave me quite a bit of information concerning the history of the event, it took me a while to remember that it takes place in Pine Falls. The book doesn’t really say that. At least not up front. I also had problems finding the description of the events, as they are right in between the ads on pages three and four.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Rupert Park, Industrial Diamond and Powerview School
Friday, August 29:
- St George Museum from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Fish Fry at the Powerview School Grounds
- Jamboree, 5 pm to 1 am
Saturday August 30:
- Powerview Hydro Dam Tours, every hour from 12 noon to 4 pm
- Wicked Meat Draw: Rusty Nail 4 pm to 6:30 pm
- Beer Gardens, Big Tent – Powerview 11 am to closing at the Powerview School Grounds
- Karaoke Open Mic – Kristen Dube 4 pm to 9 pm
- Kids Zone – inflatable bouncers, ernies train rides at the village green from 11 am to 6:30 pm
- Market Square Powerview area 10 am to 5 pm
- Show n’ Shine 10 am to 2 pm, Powerview Auto
- Breakfast on a Bun in the Big Tent 9 am to 12 noon
- Live Band: Bull Rush – Big Tent 9 am to 1 am
Sunday August 31:
- 4P Parade
- Hydro tours from 12 noon to 4 pm
- Kid’s Zone 2 pm to 5 pm Village Green
- Metis Fidlers and Dancers 2:30 pm Pine Falls School with Gaudry Boys and Brenda Lapointe – Jr. and Sr. Dance groups
- Fireworks at St. Greorges Beach at dusk
- St. George Pea Soup & Bannock 1:30 pm at the St. George Museum
- Western Days Ol’ Kings Social, 8 pm to 1 am at the Pine Falls Arena, Band: Pop the Trunk
Monday, September 1:
- Horseshoe Tournament at the Manitou Lodge, 11 am
- Crib Tournament at the Golden Leisure Club, 1 pm to 4 pm
- Family Fishing Derby at the Boat Launch in St. Georges 10 am to 2 pm – register from 8 am to 9 am!